Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today was a very sad day. One of my friends at work has a son on a mission in California. He left a few years later then the normal missionary but he still got out and was super excited. The reason he was late gettting out is because he had lukemia. He was doing great so he finally got to turn in his papers and he was sent to California about 10 months ago. He has had a very successful time. Last week he got sick and he was put in the hospital with pnumonia. Today we found out that he got sick because his ammune system was down because the cancer is back. I was so touched by my friend and her strength in believing that he would be watched over until he gets home on friday. Our boys are very close to this boys age and it just really tugged at my heart...big time. I pray for my children each day...sometimes several times...for their protection, saftey and health. It just struck me that our lives seem so strong and untouched by bad but really we are so tender and things can change in a moment. I love our children so much as I know Jean loves her son. Our children are what we base our success and happiness on so much as mothers. They keep our hearts beating and singing. Tonight I will pray for our children as always. That they will be safe, happy and healthy. That they will feel of my love for them each moment of their lives. That they will know that I feel blessed each day that Heavenly Father let me be their mother. The difference in tonights prayer is I will also be praying for Jeans son . May the Lord bless your families life.

No comments: