Thursday, June 25, 2009

I have been thinking lately how sad it is that so many people go through life 'comfortably numb'. You see it everyday in the people you are around. I see this in customers in our store, in neighbors, in loved ones, in people that you see daily. I cannot tell you how many times that my daughter has said to me, "Mom, I think it is so weird when you wave or smile at someone and all they do is give you a blank stare. I know they saw me. That is so sad." I would agree!!! We get so busy with our own lives that we forget there are other people in this beautiful world. Recently I had an experience where I knew of a person who had some needs. Not big needs but maybe a phone call or a short visit. .I felt so sad for her because the world just kept on going. No one stopped to let her know that she was missed. I know there are alot of bigger problems in the world but I really believe that if we loved each other more, took care of each other more, judged less then the world would be a much happier place.
Why live out life comfortably numb?.
I have recently fallen in love with a song sung by Adam Lambert from American Idol. (Who I adore!!!) It is called Mad World. The words are totally what I have been trying to say. They are:
Mad World

All around me are familiar face.
Worn our places, worn out faces.
Bright and early for the daily races
going no where, going no where.

The tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, No expression
Hang my head I wana drown my sorrow
no tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad,
The dreams in which i"m dying are the best I every had.
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very very
Mad world, mad world.

Children waiting for the day the feel good
Happy birthday, happy birthday
And I feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen

Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me whats my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me.

I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
the dreams in which i"m dying are the best Ive ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
That people run in circles it a very very
Mad World, Mad World, Mad World.

I don"t want to sound negative....I just want the world to stop....just once in a while so that we can visit and be friends. So we can stop making everything else more important then a personal relationship. They are what make the world go around. LIVE LAUGH LOVE


2 comments:

AP said...

I agree. A little gesture of love might make a bigger difference than we can imagine. Thank you for this post--love you!

Lizzy said...

great post! so well said.