Monday, January 14, 2008

Well, I had a parenting flash back yesterday in church. My friend Amy has her hands full with the most adorable children. One of her youngest was standing on her lap pulling her hair and then pounding her head with a box of raisens as they emptied on her head. The whole time she just smiled while I know in her head she was screaming. I remember feeling like a jungle gym when our boys were young. Every sunday I would say to Bob...Why do we do this to ourselves? I remember one sunday our boys were being especially noisy and active and I turned around and apoligized to the older couple behind us. She said...just think you had that much energy until they took it from you!!! Wow was she ever experienced. She also added a kind remark that she did not mind the noise because they went through the same thing. That remark has always been a comfort to me when my children had been out of hand around people who I might think find them a problem. Motherhood is the greatest and hardest job in the world. God could not be everywhere so he created mothers. Thanks to all moms for all of their hard work!!!

1 comment:

JT said...

Hysterical!!! Amy, if you're reading this, when he dumped the raisins on your head, I was laughing so hard! I thought it was absolutely adorable!!!